This broker really seems like a scam.
1. Broker name 'DFX Financial Group SA'. Why does it have 'SA' in the end? It makes you think it is a Swiss broker doesn't it? So, where is the office? '320/F Hong Kong ICBC Tower Plaza, Hong Kong 8170 3445' and '16/F One Corporate Avenue 220 Hubin Road, Luwan District, Shanghai, Administrative Office'.
2. They state that they are regulated by a lot of regulations. This page (http://www.dfxtrade.com/security
) states that they are regulated by 'CySEC (under license no. 029/05)'. So, why would a Swiss broker sound-a-like in Hong Kong be regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission? A quick search for license no '029/05' does not return any results on (http://www.cysec.gov.cy/licence_members_1_en.aspx
). However, one can clearly see that other brokers like FXPro, Tadawul FX, etc. are listed on the CySEC site.
3. Why would a fancy broker like DFX Financial Group SA have limited opening hours (8am - 4pm GMT), when they have 2 offices in 2 really fancy buildings (look at the pictures here http://www.dfxtrade.com/about
4. So, when was their website registered? According to whois, it was 'Created 25-jun-2009 Updated 16-oct-2009 Expires 25-jun-2010'.
5. Who registered the website? According to whois, the registrant is 'Domains by Proxy, Inc. Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com
)'. Why would a company, regulated by a lot of regulators, not even have public whois information?
6. Why are different timezones used at different places? On the top, the time is in GMT (London), while here (http://www.dfxtrade.com/spreads
) the time is in EST (New York).
7. On the website (http://www.dfxtrade.com
bottom right), there are 3 awards. One from 'FXRUSH', one from 'Fx Reports', and one from one I cannot distinguish. So, who are these awarders? 'FXRUSH' (http://www.fxrush.com
) seems like some random wanna-be-forex-forum that has been under construction for some ~2 years (Copyright 2008. FXRush.com. All Rights Reserved. Under Construction.). Not to mention the text below 'Advertise now!' on the front page is written in Latin... I cannot read it and Google cannot translate it. Furthermore, according to whois, the registrant is 'Domains by Proxy, Inc. Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com