Generally speaking, without taking the parts of a broker rather than another:
2-3 seconds of delay are not a problem in my opinion.
Sometimes we are disadvantaged, other times we are facilitated. Overall there is a compensation, unless you scalp for 1-2 pips.
In any case, low spread could compensate for this lack.
Better a few seconds delay rather than continuous re-quotes stop you in your trading, especially where automated.
It is a normal increase in spreads during the release of economic news. This does not prevent the trading, unless you play with 50% of risk. Just wait and do not close the position until it returns to 'normal spread', or better... Stay away from the market.
I have a real account with Dukascopy, which remains the best broker in the world (in my opinion). However, during some economic news I've seen a spread of more than 25 pips, where my SL was 20!!
And what about the broker who apply overspread during the Asian trading session?
I 'm not a scalper, but I run the EA 24/5, which are inhibited by this policy.
My parameters to evaluate a broker are:
2) No dealing desk, no re-quotes. Not continuous re-login and/or connection lost, old-ticks, etc.
4) Spreads. (better fixed / all sessions stable)
Go Markets for me:
1) To be verified. Each broker is one's own advantage and profit (more or less overt).
2) OK! I have tested MT4 Live Platform for a week. Just a re-login on Thursday morning (Frankfurt server. I live in Milan.)
3) Cramped. Every broker has max lot size for a single trade. In this case is only 20.
4) Excellent in my case. 1.8 pips on GbpUsd and 1.1 pips on EurUsd (no commission) accessible to all, regardless deposit.