Hey check this out :) https://www.myfxbook.com/members/mmatej1988/hedging/800105
but still young history and ony a demo, but I am opening live account so who knows maybe after a year of live trading you will be still interested :)
I actually posted it cause I work alone, so any thoughts from other traders are welcome :)
Looking good so far :)
Is the system yours ?
If the system holds up to the below mentioned specs then I think it has a better than average chance of staying in the game long enough and keep producing that steady 4% monthly average ;
1) greater than 10:1 return to drawdown ratio over a minimum 10 year to date backtest period using fixed lots per trade (which will be problematic/not applicable with systems that use variable pips SL and too much to go into detail about here)
2) tests conducted with realistic spread and volume commiss
3) tests using appropriate data modelling type, ie ticks for tick system bar open for bar open system, bar open systems run on ticks showing very nearly same result as bar open data.
4) minimum 1000 trades sample.
5) minimum 2 pips expectancy and ideally above 3 (net expected profit taking into account all winning and losing trades)
6) no martingale grids (although I dont completely rule out such system if designed with equity stop loss which can be hit repeatedly and recover from, which I only know of one system)
7) must work on minimum 6 currency pairs meeting all the above mentioned minimum standards
8) must have live fwd history not exceeding previous maximum drawdown or stagnation period (period between new equity highs), which if exceeded the system can be said to have failed.
Thats what determines a profitable trading edge to me and I haven't yet seen a system built to these minimum standards fail by measure of the definition above mentioned, not that Ive seen that many systems which meet that minimum standard.
This is the best algo I know of and its been quite sucessful in trading of real accounts ; https://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/nmi-super-climber-1-lot/50247
(keep in mind its fixed lots, using even 1.8% risk per trade it exceeds the maximum lot size availlable years before the test period ends). You wont find this one available at a retail level though, but there are others that are in the same ballpark that are available to retail traders if you look hard enough.
New Millennium Inc