1. Most scalpers don't figure in the cost of their trade spread in and out because the broker only shows the net profit on their charts.
2. If the average profit is five pips with a 30 pip sl, how many trades will it take to make up one loss? You can't make your stop five pips because it will almost certainly get stopped out just from the normal wobble of the market.
3. retail traders try scalping because it appears to be a way to risk very little money. But over a long term how many trades go bad and the 'house' spread in and out eats you up. It's like a 'friendly' poker game where the house rakes a small percentage off of the antes every hand. The big winner in the game is the host who risks nothing in money.
4/ Most of us started out leaning on some form of crutch like an EA or bought some magic program that was supposed to make us rich without fail. But 90% of us DO fail so you know something is not right in our assessment of the FX market.
5. Most of us also start out without any education in the way the market makers manipulate the market and how to tap into the rules they use to talk to each other. We just want to have a EA to tell us when to push the button. Think about it, all of us would be millionaires several times over.
6. You have to find a legitimate educational site with daily mentoring. It is the cheapest way to be successful in the long term