Stuff the spread! the spreads (fees) are always negotiable depending on your volume and capital.
I would think about CAPITAL SECURITY! if you thinking about investing 1M into a forex account. There is no good having the best spread in town if you money is in some dodgy broker.
1. Make sure they are a listed (read audited) company or not owned by a select few (like PFG)
2. Make sure they are regulated by a real regulator
3. They are Headquartered in UK, USA or Australia (and in a major financial center).
4. Best to check investor protection rules for that country ie whats the government guarantee on the funds if the company disappears / goes bust or the financial system falters, some counties provide 250k protection so open 4 accounts and link them.
5. check forexpeacearmy.com for scam reviews (though remember most traders lose because they trade like drunk monkeys 95% of the time it has nothing to do with the broker).
6. Open a demo with them and a small live account to test their system.
7. If your happy with them after a few months consider moving more money across.