Generally speaking, without taking the parts of a broker rather than another:
2-3 seconds of delay are not a problem in my opinion.
Sometimes we are disadvantaged, other times we are facilitated. Overall there is a compensation, unless you scalp for 1-2 pips.
In any case, low spread could compensate for this lack.
Better a few seconds delay rather than continuous re-quotes stop you in your trading, especially where automated.
It is a normal increase in spreads during the release of economic news. This does not prevent the trading, unless you play with 50% of risk. Just wait and do not close the position until it returns to 'normal spread', or better... Stay away from the market.
I have a real account with Dukascopy, which remains the best broker in the world (in my opinion). However, during some economic news I've seen a spread of more than 25 pips, where my SL was 20!! 😲
And what about the broker who apply overspread during the Asian trading session?
I 'm not a scalper, but I run the EA 24/5, which are inhibited by this policy.
My parameters to evaluate a broker are:
2) No dealing desk, no re-quotes. Not continuous re-login and/or connection lost, old-ticks, etc.
4) Spreads. (better fixed / all sessions stable)
Go Markets for me:
1) To be verified. Each broker is one's own advantage and profit (more or less overt).
2) OK! I have tested MT4 Live Platform for a week. Just a re-login on Thursday morning (Frankfurt server. I live in Milan.)
3) Cramped. Every broker has max lot size for a single trade. In this case is only 20.
4) Excellent in my case. 1.8 pips on GbpUsd and 1.1 pips on EurUsd (no commission) accessible to all, regardless deposit.
"Without discipline, there’s no life at all."