i am so glad that UNCLE STEVE reminded me to say a little something about the fine oanda corporation.
the soon to be bankrupt oanda corporation, that is...
their six hundred dollar api, which i have about six months experience using, was riddled with bugs and errors more than five yearss ago, i advised other engineers that their api did not function anywhere near what it should be doing and that oanda was not supporting it and that i FULLY EXPECTED THAT THEY WOULD CONTINUE TO NOT SUPPORT IT AND THAT IT WOULD EVENTUALLY BE PHASED OUT no matter that they have many customers that have invested many years of it to the tune of $7200.00 PER YEAR...
OANDA RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL SOON PULL THE PLUG ON THEIR $600.00/MONTH API, leaving their current users of said api holding a paperweight, their softwares will be rendered useless, their entire investment is down the toilet...
AND DONT GIVE ME THAT EXCUSE ABOUT HOW YOU WROTE YOUR CODE TO BE PORTABLE AND THAT IT WONT BE A PROBLEM FOR YOU...
OANDA SCREWED YOU, WITH NO ADVANCE WARNING, THEY LEFT YOU IN THE DARK HOLDING A MYSTERY AIR BAG
OANDA HAS SOME NEW API THING THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO ROLLOUT IN WHAT THEY CALL A SANDBOX MODE..
INVESTORS WITH ANY KIND OF LARGE ACCOUNTS WILL NEVER WANT TO HEAR ANY BULLSHT ABOUT SANDBOX ANYTHING.
OANDA IS A BUNCH OF DOUCHEBAGS.
AS I UNDERSTAND IT, THEY HAVE RELEASED A NEW TYPE OF API, EXTREMELY NONSTANDARD(HUGE MISTAKE) AND THAT IT DOES NOT HAVE A DATAFEED FOR SYMBOLS PRICES? HOW EXACTLY DO YOU WRITE API CODE WITHOUT KNOWING THE PRICES OF THE PAIRS?
OANDA MAKES IT KNOWN THAT THEY HIRE KIDS WITH LITTLE EXPERIENCE.
OH MY EFFING GAWD.
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO SAY MAJOR BLUNDER IN PIG LATIN?
IT IS OKAY TO HIRE APPRENTICES FOR SOME NEW KICKSTARTER UPSTART, BUT NOT FOR SOME MISSION CRITICAL TYPE OF ENGINEERING JOB, EXPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE WRITING AND MANAGING CODE THAT ACTS AS A STEWARD OF QUITE PERHAPS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF CAPITAL OR MORE.
MAJOR PHK UP ON OANDA'S PART.
DONT BOTHER TO LOOK AT THEIR FORUM... SEVERAL SECTIONS OF IT REMAIN ENTIRELY COMATOSE FOR WEEKS.
I WASTED EVERY NANOSECOND THAT I SPENT USING THAT PIECE OF SHT COMPANY.
I WOUD REALLY LIKE THAT PART OF MY LIFE BACK.
BUT I WILL JUST MARK IT UP TO EXPERIENCE.
SEE YOU AT THE AUCTION.
IF ANY PERSON WOULD LIKE TO TURN ON THEIR THINKING CAPS AND ACTUALLY GET THAT COMPANY TURNED AROUND...
1) RE-ROLLOUT A NEW AND PROPERLY IMPLEMENTED METATRADER...
2) MOVE EXISTING CUSTOMERS TO THE PROPERLY INSTALLED METATRADER SERVERS....
3) ASSIST EXISTING USERBASE TO MIGRATE FROM $600.00/MO API TO METATRADER.
4) TEACH YOUR STAFF TO PROPERLY PRONOUNCE SHT LIKE YES SIR AND YES MAAM AND WE ARE ON IT.
NO LARGE INVESTOR WANTS TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE HAVING PING PONG NIGHT WHILE HIS FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS THAT HE HAS MISTAKENLY INVESTED INTO USING YOUR OVERPRICED API IS NOW ON THE FRITZ.
if you can bring to the table some person and his or her ten million dollars, each and every time that this fund turns a simple three percent profit($300k), i propose that we allocate 200k for the investor or investors(as profit) and that 100k be retained by my trading group as fee for said trading services.
out of that 100k, it is my thinking that we should allocate approx 20% of that to the company(for cash reserve) and then the remaining 80%(80k) be divided equally amongst my twelve board members.
i will want for you to personally greet mr michael paton, as i simply bent on the idea that his firm will handle all of our groups legal concerns, exclusively.
HIGH RISK WARNING: Foreign exchange trading carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all investors.
Leverage creates additional risk and loss exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully consider your investment objectives, experience level, and risk tolerance.
You could lose some or all of your initial investment. Do not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Educate yourself on the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have any questions.
Any data and information is provided 'as is' solely for informational purposes, and is not intended for trading purposes or advice.
Past performance is not indicative of future results.