Since version 6.00 MetaQuotes use 'common' data folder, instead of 'standard' .
I don't like this, since Windows98 exist, but we have to habituate with this.
Any way, I try to explain You ,
how I place program (expert) , where it have to be :
1. Open Terminal. (this is good, if You have more than one Terminal)
2. From Terminal , open Editor.
... then use Editor , as Windows-Explorer.
3. In Ediitor , click : File -> Open...
4. Find file and 'copy'.
5. In Editor , click : Save As ...
... here You will see main MQL4 folder, for this terminal.
6. Select Expert/Script/Indicator sub-folder , if needed.
7. Save ('paste') file.
8. Restart Terminal.