To use chat, please login.
Back to contacts

HMA EA-Live (by bl4ckp3n9u1n)

The user has deleted this system.
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 13 2020 at 11:46
45 posts
For anyone reading this, I funded the account on Saturday 10 October 2020 with $100 and then found out on Monday 12 October that I didn't have enough margin in the account, thus there were a few times the actual trading wasn't able to execute.
After topping up with $25 (total of $125) the trading started and then once the first successful trade exited and tried to start again I found out that I required more. Bringing the total to $150, the trading has managed to continuously run without the margin limitations as of today, Tuesday 13 October 2020.

So in summary, the reason that the balance and equity graph between 10 and 12 October 2020 are aligned, is because I wanted to start trading with the absolute minimum to reduce my risk of loss if this expert advisor / settings did not perform.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 15 2020 at 07:14
45 posts
Last of day of trading for the first week and my inital goal of 80% will most likely be 40% now, however with only 4 trading days and to be honest, Monday was a false start which only exectued 2 trades because I didn't have enough margin I believe that next week will have the better results.

I would like to try a new set of correlated pairs but it is hard to test on a 'working' account with also a smaller time frame of H1 instead of H4.

Lets see if this can continue to make the 11% a day....

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 15 2020 at 11:38
45 posts
I wasn't expecting to provide an update so soon as it is still 15 October.

Whilst switching between a demo account and this live one I managed to manually close all my orders thus now lost a good run. Back down to $191.19 which is a massive drop from the $208 something I had.

I was going to try a new set of FX Pairs next week which I guess is a better time now than ever to see how they perform.
The other changes I have made is that I will be trading on Friday now but may change this next week depending on the results and how much risk I am willing to take.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 19 2020 at 07:52
45 posts
Back to some testing today and not having a great day at the races to say the least.

Last week after my fat fingers incident, I was unable to load the EA (version 2.22) and tried 1.3, which of course started right away and now I am stuck with watching the GBPSUD move a very long off in the other direction.

Maybe today is going to be a 'nothing' day where all I get to do is test a few of the other EA's which will take a week.

Hopefully version 2.22 works again as it is certainly a good winner, with the right settings.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
Gleywilleyy
Oct 19 2020 at 12:23
31 posts
You’ve been doing good.

bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 20 2020 at 02:36
45 posts
As expected, the 'fat fingers: and switching to version 1.3, instead of waiting for Monday and starting version 2.22 has put my account into a situation where I have to wait now for the GBPUSD to sell off... a lot.

Looking at the day and weekly there hopefully is a slight dip in the market for me to 'start again'. I might have to cut my losses but I would like to continue on the positive statistics.

The next move once everything is back to normal I will look at using a VPS. Pepperstone also allow API connections with larger trading accounts which I would like to try my one of my Python coded ML trading bots.
At the moment I have a Lenovo M93 running my accounts, which is useful but the Windows updates can affect your trading, even when all the updates are turned off during the week rebooting is required sometimes and this is not always great timing if there are open trades.

My other thoughs is that I might try a new set of FX pairs that trade more during my day time, being Brisbane, Australia as currently most of the activitiy is during European and US times. But it is nice to know that I can get on with my day and make money while I sleep at night.

The only suggestion I would make to improve 2.22 is include something like an RSI just to confirm the trading direction and as the settings at the moment reverse the trade on entry, a confirmation would either over-ride this reverse or let it enter as is.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 20 2020 at 02:41
45 posts
Gleywilleyy posted:
You’ve been doing good.


Ï 'wás'doing well, the trading EA was to be precise.

Hopefully I can get this back on track but I will need to wait for the GBPUSD to drop so I don't lose the statstical performance.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 20 2020 at 11:10
45 posts
Note to self:

Next pairs to try in group 3;

Buy: AUDCAD
Sell: USDCAD,AUDNZD,NZDUSD

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 21 2020 at 06:40
45 posts
Judging by the market I feel that this account won't last too much longer, maybe Friday will be the last nail in the coffin.

Certainly not a great loss in monetary value, but more so knowing that this week could have halved increase the profits had I not been a bit more patient.
To further derive an analysis, version 2.22 would have mitigated some of the potential loss with balancing of its virtual groups prior to trade execution.

I am working on my own EA that uses uses a HMA indicator to trigger buy and sell signals but this will only work on one FX pair.
I would like figure out a way to monitor a number for pairs at the same time (in the background, think timed delay) and trigger multiple trades when all the conditions are right, this would work on textbook FX correlation to maximise returns in both directions of market movements.
Ideally also, not just to have trades executed with set lot sizes, but to allocate lots based on a percentage of the equity that you are willing to risk.

Lastly, I have tried the new group of pairs with reasonable success however it is still yet to be determined that these will have more wins than losses.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
bl4ckp3n9u1n
Oct 21 2020 at 13:22
45 posts
I waited for the US markets to open with eye-watering hesitation as I saw my equity hit -$127 whilst my maximum draw down is -$133.

Unless by some way nothing short of a miracle the market moves 180 degrees my account will most likely close by Australia market open tomorrow, Thursday, 22 October.

There are 6 trades open with none that look like they will even come close to halving the losses so it is just a matter of time.
Version 2.22 still is giving me issues as it won't load all the virtual pairs which is part of the risk management process. The only real hope is that each of the pairs slowly move in the 'right' direction where I'll manually close each out to limit potential further losses. If this happens there is a chance to have maybe one or two pairs that I can comfortably sit out and wait for these to make a profit.
With that said, I hope that version 2.22 loads again without too much trouble or I may just look at manual trading until such time that I can reactivate the EA.

"Or die trying...." Sonny Crockett, Miami Vice 1980's
Please login to comment.