To use chat, please login.
Back to contacts

Ruby Forex Expert Advisor (By Ruby )

Gain : -97.69%
Drawdown 63.44%
Pips: 210.5
Trades 105
Won:
Lost:
Type: Real
Leverage: 1:500
Trading: Automated

Ruby Forex Expert Advisor Discussion

marco_mmbiz
May 21 2020 at 14:53
368 posts
Ah okay. But what will happen if there are 2 open trades in minus? Will the EA just wait until they come into profit, or will it close lets say at a maximum daily loss of around 20pip?

@freemaks
You should have a look on the 'full report' of your preferred systems. Here it's not 63.44% like shown in this thread. See the screenshot from: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/RubyEA/ruby-forex-expert-advisor/4395865 (the highest DD was 13.60% on 11th of December)

Attachments:

patience is the key
B3rz3rz3D
May 22 2020 at 06:15
8 posts
20 pips?? Lol the daily ATR for EURUSD right now is 70+ pips. The pair can move 20 pips in a matter of minutes. A stoploss that tight would lose you most of your trades unless your entries were almost perfect. This EA makes very good entries, but they definitely drawdown atleast 20 pips routinely. At the recommended risk parameter of 10, 20 pips is only 2% drawdown. The recommended max drawdown is 35%. That's 350 pips of wiggle room. 20 pips is ridiculous.

If 2 trades are open at a loss, the system will let them run until they either close at the TP, or the combined drawdown equals the max drawdown you set in the parameters.

The true max drawdown is actually much more than the 13% myfxbook shows. I honestly wouldn't trust their drawdown numbers at all, I was able to find many errors in just a short amount of time looking. The max drawdown happened on a pair of trades opened on 2/3 and 2/5, right when the coronavirus scare kicked off. Each trade drew down to about 250+ pips. I believe the EA was running a higher risk setting back then, but even at the current recommended risk setting of 10, that would still be a 50%+ drawdown. No other trade has drawn down even remotely as far as those two have, but it shows what can happen randomly when a big unforeseen event affects the market.
marco_mmbiz
May 22 2020 at 07:56
368 posts
B3rz3rz3D posted:
20 pips?? Lol the daily ATR for EURUSD right now is 70+ pips. The pair can move 20 pips in a matter of minutes. A stoploss that tight would lose you most of your trades unless your entries were almost perfect. This EA makes very good entries, but they definitely drawdown atleast 20 pips routinely. At the recommended risk parameter of 10, 20 pips is only 2% drawdown. The recommended max drawdown is 35%. That's 350 pips of wiggle room. 20 pips is ridiculous.

If 2 trades are open at a loss, the system will let them run until they either close at the TP, or the combined drawdown equals the max drawdown you set in the parameters.

The true max drawdown is actually much more than the 13% myfxbook shows. I honestly wouldn't trust their drawdown numbers at all, I was able to find many errors in just a short amount of time looking. The max drawdown happened on a pair of trades opened on 2/3 and 2/5, right when the coronavirus scare kicked off. Each trade drew down to about 250+ pips. I believe the EA was running a higher risk setting back then, but even at the current recommended risk setting of 10, that would still be a 50%+ drawdown. No other trade has drawn down even remotely as far as those two have, but it shows what can happen randomly when a big unforeseen event affects the market.

Thank you for the explanation! Yeah, I thought the same about the maximum DD. 😉
patience is the key
Ruby (RubyEA)
May 22 2020 at 10:34
12 posts
Hi

Thanks so much @B3rz3rz3D for your detailed answer. It is completely true.

Kind Regards
William
Ruby (RubyEA)
May 22 2020 at 10:37
12 posts
Dear @marco_mmbiz

As @B3rz3rz3D said the the floating DD can be higher depending on the market conditions.

As I said before when the first trade goes to loss then the EA waits for a suitable time and opens the second one and set the TP of both positions in a level where the out come would be +5 pips. However if the market still goes to opposite direction and the total loss exceeds the Max DD level then the EA would close both positions in loss.

Regards
William
B3rz3rz3D
May 22 2020 at 20:55
8 posts
In case anyone is interested, I did some number crunching based on the data for the 72 out of 103 individual trades that is available on myfxbook. The remaining 31 trades do not have individual data available for them.


Average drawdown per trade, including trades with 0 drawdown and the two trades taken in February: 23.4 pips

Average drawdown per trade, NOT including trades with 0 drawdown or the two trades taken in February: 21.8 pips

Maximum drawdown of any one trade, including the two trades taken in February: 280.5 pips

Maximum drawdown of any one trade, NOT including the two trades taken in February: 69.8 pips

Percentage of trades with 0 drawdown: 23.6%

Percentage of trades with less than 10 pips drawdown: 50%

Percentage of trades with less than 20 pips drawdown: 68.1%

Percentage of trades with less than 70 pips drawdown: 97.2% (the remaining 2.8% is made up of only the two trades taken in February)


Several assumptions can be made based on this information, but obviously not only is the data incomplete, but it does not have any bearing on what happens in the future, so take this with a grain of salt. Enjoy!
Afron
May 27 2020 at 08:38
246 posts
B3rz3rz3D posted:
In case anyone is interested, I did some number crunching based on the data for the 72 out of 103 individual trades that is available on myfxbook. The remaining 31 trades do not have individual data available for them.


Average drawdown per trade, including trades with 0 drawdown and the two trades taken in February: 23.4 pips

Average drawdown per trade, NOT including trades with 0 drawdown or the two trades taken in February: 21.8 pips

Maximum drawdown of any one trade, including the two trades taken in February: 280.5 pips

Maximum drawdown of any one trade, NOT including the two trades taken in February: 69.8 pips

Percentage of trades with 0 drawdown: 23.6%

Percentage of trades with less than 10 pips drawdown: 50%

Percentage of trades with less than 20 pips drawdown: 68.1%

Percentage of trades with less than 70 pips drawdown: 97.2% (the remaining 2.8% is made up of only the two trades taken in February)


Several assumptions can be made based on this information, but obviously not only is the data incomplete, but it does not have any bearing on what happens in the future, so take this with a grain of salt. Enjoy!

Are you saying that sooner or later without SL this account will end badly?
marco_mmbiz
May 27 2020 at 12:51
368 posts
Afron posted:
Are you saying that sooner or later without SL this account will end badly?

Yep, that's what it looks like now. More than 29% DD with those 2 trades opened.
Btw.: High lot-size = high risk.

Attachments:

patience is the key
B3rz3rz3D
May 27 2020 at 18:25
8 posts
That's actually not what I was implying at all. As stated before, maximum drawdown is defined by the user. That number can be as low as you want. It just so happens the EA working on this myfxbook isnt using a stoploss, but that doesnt mean you shouldnt.

But yes, it isnt looking great right now, especially if EUR continues to rise off the news of their stimulus plan. There is always a chance the pair can fall back to trading in range though.
nikitug
May 28 2020 at 15:56
3 posts
Hi,
are you going to deposit additional funds or let your account blow up?
Trallod
May 30 2020 at 15:01
24 posts
Recently, there have been quite a few such advisers. But you shouldn't relax before the time, you should check everything first. Especially when it comes to your money.
nikitug
Jun 03 2020 at 16:00
3 posts
B3rz3rz3D
Jun 03 2020 at 18:15
8 posts
Lol yeah, ouch. Luckily I was out of that trade a long time ago, but definitely not a good look for the EA.
iradisic
Jun 05 2020 at 19:50
1 posts
RubyEA posted:
B3rz3rz3D posted:
Awesome, thank you! I read more about it and now I better understand. Well, the results look great so far. Keep up the good work!

So, I assume you have (or had at that time) Maximum_Drawdown set to atleast 64 for this account, or else those trades would have closed, correct?

Could you quickly explain what Lots_Risk and Max_Lots do please? For example, looking at a backtest using your EA, Lots_Risk is set to 15 and Max_Lots is set to 50. What exactly does that mean?

Thank you!

Dear @B3rz3rz3D

Thanks for your support. We try our best.

For this test we didn't limit the Max DD. This is a test to show the EA's potential. However for our clients we recommend the default settings where the Max DD has been set to 35%.

Below are the EA's input parameters description:

“Lots_Risk”: It determines the trades’ lot size. For “Lots_Risk” equal to 10 and 1000$ account balance the trade size would be 0.1 standard lots.

“Max_Lots”: It is the maximum lot size for each trade. If the calculated lot size using the “Lots_Risk” parameter be more than “Max_Lots” then the EA would open the new trades with the size equal to the “Max_Lots” parameter.

“Maximum_Drawdown”: This parameter determines the maximum drawdown of the account. Default value is 35 which mean the EA closes all open trades if the total loss exceeds 35% of the account balance.

Regards
William

We have seen all the EA potential now. Impressive, indeed. You have tried your best, and results are visible. I am scared about what would happen if you try even harder than that...
Please login to comment .