Contest Term & Registration
1. Contest Time Period: The Contest starts at the commencement of trading on March 17, 2013 when market opens (which is anticipated to be 6:00pm EST) and ends on April 12, 2013 at market close (which is anticipated to be at 5:00 pm EST).
2. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, each entrant must follow the instructions on (www.myfxbook.com) to create a Contest demo account (“Account”). Every entrant is allowed to have only one (1) Account. Each Account will be locked until the start of the Contest and will start with a balance of $100,000 USD in virtual funds.
3. Contest Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who are at least 18 years of age at the start of the Contest and have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Employees of OANDA or Myfxbook Ltd., and its subsidiaries, and their immediate family members or persons living in the same households of such employees, are not eligible. Contest is void in Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, the province of Quebec and where prohibited. OANDA reserves the right to limit the number of entrants.
4. Determination of Prize Winners: Subject to the Contest Rules, the winners will be the entrants with the highest Account balance at the end of the Contest, after liquidation of any open positions at the end of the Contest. Winners’ usernames and trading results will be posted on Myfxbook.com by May 12, 2013. Prizes will be provided for the first, second and third place winners.
5. First Place: The first place winner shall have 3,000 USD deposited into his/her existing fxTrade account with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries or his/her new fxTrade account with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries provided that the winner applies for and meets OANDA’s new account qualifications and approval criteria within twenty (20) calendar days of prize notification.
6. Second Place: The second place winner shall receive 1,500 USD deposited into his/her existing fxTrade account with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries or his/her new fxTrade account with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries provided that the winner applies for and meets OANDA’s new account qualifications and approval criteria within twenty (20) calendar days of prize notification.
7. Third Place: The third place winner shall receive 500 USD deposited into his/her existing fxTrade account with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries or his/her new fxTrade account with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries provided that the winner applies for and meets OANDA’s new account qualifications and approval criteria within twenty (20) calendar days of prize notification.
8. Withdrawal of Funds: Funds deposited by OANDA as a prize can only be withdrawn after 30 days from the date of deposit.
9. Prize Notification: Prize winners will be notified by e-mail. In the event the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does not respond within ten (10) calendar days, refuses the prize, or does not, within twenty (20) calendar days of prize notification and in OANDA’s sole discretion, qualify for an fxTrade account held with OANDA or any of its subsidiaries, the prize will be forfeited and OANDA, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
10. No Alternatives: Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by winners is permitted.
Conditions and Limitation of Liability
11. Disqualification: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and that OANDA’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. OANDA reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who violates any Contest Rule, is found to be tampering with the results, is acting with apparent intent to disrupt or undermine the operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entrants who reset their account balance or add funds to their Account will be disqualified.
12. No Purchase Necessary: No purchase or entry fee is required to enter the Contest.
13. Publication and Promotion: Entrants agree to publication of their Account username and trading results on Myfxbook.com and as otherwise determined by OANDA. OANDA and its subsidiaries and advertising agencies may use any entrant’s Account username and trading history and results, in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval. Winners agree to participate in promotional events, interviews, public announcements in connection with the Contest and OANDA and its subsidiaries and advertising agencies may make use of their names and Account trading history and results. Entrants agree that information provided during Contest registration, including without limitation name and address, may be used by OANDA and its subsidiaries and advertising agencies for the purposes and within the context of the Contest.
14. Taxes: Prize winners are solely responsible for any reporting requirements and payment of taxes associated with the Contest or prizes.
15. Jurisdiction: Entrants agree that this Contest shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the state of New York and the forum for any dispute shall be in the state of New York, U.S.A.
16. Limitation of Liability: By entering the contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless OANDA and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest, any promotion related to the Contest and the acceptance and use of any prize awarded hereunder.
17. Right to Terminate Contest: OANDA reserves the right to delay, suspend or terminate this Contest at any time, without prior notice and without any liability to OANDA or its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives whatsoever.
18. Delays or Failures: OANDA and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives shall not be liable for any delays in the acceptance or transmission of orders due to a breakdown or failure of transmission or communication facilities, or for any other cause beyond their reasonable control.
Trading off-exchange foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk and is not suitable for all investors. Trading through an online platform carries additional risks.
Please refer to our more detailed Risk Warning, and NFA's FOREX INVESTOR ALERT.
Contents and prizes offered should not be considered as an incentive to trade. Only partake in the trading contests when you feel you ready to trade.
HIGH RISK WARNING: Foreign exchange trading carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all investors.
Leverage creates additional risk and loss exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully consider your investment objectives, experience level, and risk tolerance.
You could lose some or all of your initial investment. Do not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Educate yourself on the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have any questions.
Any data and information is provided 'as is' solely for informational purposes, and is not intended for trading purposes or advice.
Past performance is not indicative of future results.