To use chat, please login.
Back to contacts

Throughout the United States, construction spending relates to values predicted on a monthly basis of the overall dollar value of construction work performed on new structures or modifications to existing structures in the private and governmental sectors. Private construction spending accounted for 75% of overall spending, with the remaining 25% going to the government in 2016. Non-residential construction contributed for 60% of total construction spending, with residential buildings accounting for 40%.

A higher than expected figure should be seen as positive (bullish) for the USD while a lower than expected figure should be seen as negative (bearish) for the USD.

Source:  U.S. Census Bureau
Category:  Construction Spending
Units:  Percent
Details
Impact: Low
Country:
Currency: USD
Latest Release
Previous: 0.2%
Consensus: 0.4%
Actual: 0.6%
Next Release
Date: Jan 03, 15:00
Time left: 24 days

Forex Sentiment (USD)

Symbol Community Trend (Shorts vs Longs) Symbol Popularity Avg. Short Price /
Distance From Price
Avg. Long Price /
Distance From Price
Current Price
EURUSD
1.0680
-83 pips
1.0866
-103 pips
1.0763
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
EURUSD Short 28% 6814.51 lots 25607
Long 72% 17332.80 lots 52548
32% of traders are currently trading EURUSD.
GBPUSD
1.2423
-127 pips
1.2647
-97 pips
1.255
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
GBPUSD Short 51% 4211.20 lots 17951
Long 49% 4071.26 lots 15692
19% of traders are currently trading GBPUSD.
USDJPY
138.5546
-631 pips
146.1383
-128 pips
144.86
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
USDJPY Short 39% 2004.05 lots 6667
Long 61% 3125.39 lots 11383
9% of traders are currently trading USDJPY.
USDCAD
1.3474
-104 pips
1.3638
-60 pips
1.3578
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
USDCAD Short 55% 2819.90 lots 10634
Long 45% 2320.25 lots 6822
12% of traders are currently trading USDCAD.
AUDUSD
0.6527
-16 pips
0.6642
-99 pips
0.6543
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
AUDUSD Short 52% 2056.86 lots 8314
Long 48% 1904.25 lots 8107
11% of traders are currently trading AUDUSD.
NZDUSD
0.6067
-56 pips
0.6202
-79 pips
0.6123
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
NZDUSD Short 58% 1153.83 lots 6825
Long 42% 845.09 lots 5564
7% of traders are currently trading NZDUSD.
USDCHF
0.8772
-24 pips
0.8959
-163 pips
0.879611186359653
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
USDCHF Short 17% 797.59 lots 4510
Long 83% 3818.11 lots 12784
9% of traders are currently trading USDCHF.
USDCZK
22.3910
-2300 pips
0
+226210 pips
22.621
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
USDCZK Short 100% 1.74 lots 36
Long 0% 0.00 lots 0
0% of traders are currently trading USDCZK.
USDHUF
351.6600
-242 pips
353.4409
+64 pips
354.08
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
USDHUF Short 64% 7.03 lots 47
Long 36% 4.01 lots 11
0% of traders are currently trading USDHUF.
USDMXN
17.2849
-488 pips
18.1189
-7852 pips
17.3337
Symbol Action Percentage Volume Positions
USDMXN Short 16% 6.64 lots 129
Long 84% 34.67 lots 212
0% of traders are currently trading USDMXN.