Here is something for anyone here to consider since you are sure and very sure there are others producing good results over an extended period....
Go to the mql5 forum there is a signal section where you can filter out signals.
Filter these signals, have any system running for at least 104 or more weeks regardless of profits or DD this will give anyone with brain a clear picture. Now if you were to add the DD filter and min profit filter which you don't, it need that makes things worse. i.e UNACHIEVABLE for the min 5% p.m with low DD over a period of time.
So any suggestions why? lol
It just confirms the practical conclusions of this thread.
Until proven otherwise we can conclude that THERE IS NO (non-grid) STRATEGY ABLE TO FULFILL - even the less than optimal - CONDITIONS MENTIONED IN THE TITLE.
It clearly shows the slim statistical chances of "Average Trader Joe" making a living from Forex profits.
But who makes the profits then...?
1. Brokers and their licencing authorities.
2. Liquidity providers
3. Metatrader and other trading platform provider companies
4. IBs (introducing brokers)
5. VPS providers
6. EA programmers
7. "Holy Grail" EA marketers and signal provider "gurus"
8. Websites (promoting EA marketers, signal providers and brokers)
9. Commercial banks, Skrill, etc. on fund transfer fees
10. Trading book writers and publishers
11. Online trading course and seminar promoter "gurus"
That much about the so-called "Zero Sum Game" of trading... In other words Forex traders support the profits and living of all the above groups from they hard earned paychecks (pension, heritage, business proceeds, etc.).
Conclusion...? A logically thinking person would join one of the above 11 groups to make money by Forex.
Please click "Vouch" if you liked my post. If not, just put me on your Blocked list. :o)