Here you have some differences and similarities with Growth Bot:
1) I tried to program the first strategy as similar as possible although there are some differences: - Long period over 100 works in Robin VOL and in fact here are nice settings such as the one I posted on M5 with this value around 200. - When the short period is different than 5, Robin VOL is much better, not sure why. Maybe there is a bug in their side but I don't know it.
2) We have a second complementary strategy
3) We have good position sizing (%risk, %risk adjusted to recent range and fixed), with no double sized lots and so on.
4) We can restart the terminal with opened trades (even update to a new version of the EA)
5) Trade management is different I suppose, although there are not much ways to implement a net-position algorithm.
6) It can work on different charts and pairs at the same time without one instance opening trades on other instances.
7) You can backtest it on your live account without the EA opening live trades
8 ) Server side Stop Loss and Take Profit without affecting profitability
9) UI showing tp, sl, opened positions, basket results, ...
10) Limit the EA to a portion of the complete balance
11) Can close trades on weekends
12) Different licensing model (we allow unlimited demo and real accounts but fixed to a single machine)
14) We don't have early exit (exiting immediately in next two bars if things seems wrong) as I think this is just curve-fitting
15) Our timed exit is based on bars and not on time, so it can be adapted to any timeframe. It can be configured.
There are more and there will be more. I have two more volatility formulas that are profitable and will be included in future versions. Walk forward too...
Thanks for the explanation and honesty. Most developers would have denied it outright. Instead, you chose to be up front and let everyone know that it is the same concept with a completely different method backing it up. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Regardless of whether or not the same theory is used, it is a different system. The trades are not identical. Close...yeah. So what. I Mr. Morrison doesn't have issues with it, then it is legitimate. Everything that can be used has been used. The only thing left is to use it in a different way.
HIGH RISK WARNING: Foreign exchange trading carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all investors.
Leverage creates additional risk and loss exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully consider your investment objectives, experience level, and risk tolerance.
You could lose some or all of your initial investment. Do not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Educate yourself on the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have any questions.
Any data and information is provided 'as is' solely for informational purposes, and is not intended for trading purposes or advice.
Past performance is not indicative of future results.