We have a trader called 'pipstrader' Here is his profile. https://www.myfxbook.com/members/pipstrader/scalper/503181
This trader is selling an EA for 500usd when his system shows he has profited almost 1000% using his method of trading. Besides the fact that if someone had an EA which could produce these results why would you sell it. The fact is this trader 'pipstrader' is manipulating his stats to make it appear as if he is trading very well.
1) His initial deposit was that of 12k dollars. Which was a very good deposit size. Yet what he is doing is using small lots, in both directions of the currency which he is entering. Basically a hedge. Yet, he keeps adding to these positions at every 10 pip change in price. What he then does is close the trades in green. This gives him a very high win % such as what he has. Yet this will still leave the losing hedge position. He then waits for the price to come back to break even in which he closes it at a profit of about 3 to 5 pips.
2) Look at his absolute profit. After he closes a hedge for a win, he is now betting that the price will go back to the price of losing trades. Yet when the trade does not do so, he then ends up slipping into red. At which point he re-deposits the same amount of funds he just withdrew. :) Simply look at history and you will see exactly what it is I am referring to.
3) He is also per position using .004% of his total account, in which he keeps adding another .004% after every 5 pip loss. If anyone follows this method of trading. They will experience a margin call, as your balance isn't as large as his. Assuming that the price will slip away from you.
4) He only allows myfxbook to update his account once he closes a position. :) Do you know why? So we won't see his active equity floating around. As of right now it has been 13 hours since myfxbook and his broker has been able to communicate. :)
5) He hides his open positions. This is the key to the scam. If he simply had this feature open. It would reveal to you that he has hedges running, and it will show you his PIP draw down (very different from Draw down %)
6) His account isn't verified. Because he has not verified his account. It won't allow myfxbook to show the little graphical stats of his positions.
Ladies and gents. What ever you do, please do not send that guy one penny for his 'EA'. You will be scammed and left holding the bag.