To use chat, please login.
Back to contacts

Emotion in Forex trading

Nasrul
nasrul_poyo
Dec 14 2018 at 08:50
124 posts
Once TP, sure you are happy. When current trade in blue color, still can smile but if it turns red, most of us trying to look at chart and think why its not perfect entry and looking new improvement 😂

snapdragon1970 (snapdragon1970)
Dec 14 2018 at 23:13
1944 posts
Emotions are always in the market ,your living in the dark ages if you think otherwise ,Algos are reading sentiment on twitter,facebook yahoo finance etc etc etc ....remember the algo that canceled orders on fake news about the white house blowing up ,use fear and greed to your advantage.

"They mistook leverage with genius".
AmDiab
Dec 16 2018 at 11:16
718 posts
snapdragon1970 posted:
Emotions are always in the market ,your living in the dark ages if you think otherwise ,Algos are reading sentiment on twitter,facebook yahoo finance etc etc etc ....remember the algo that canceled orders on fake news about the white house blowing up ,use fear and greed to your advantage.

Depending on others prediction is not a good choice! This is why, I avoid social medias to collect Forex news! Since, it makes me confused.

snapdragon1970 (snapdragon1970)
Dec 16 2018 at 14:29
1944 posts
AmDiab posted:
snapdragon1970 posted:
Emotions are always in the market ,your living in the dark ages if you think otherwise ,Algos are reading sentiment on twitter,facebook yahoo finance etc etc etc ....remember the algo that canceled orders on fake news about the white house blowing up ,use fear and greed to your advantage.

Depending on others prediction is not a good choice! This is why, I avoid social medias to collect Forex news! Since, it makes me confused.


If everyone and there dog is shorting Eur/Usd what are you gonna do follow the heard ,that's why its good to read the forums ,yes its confusing but helps to gauge bias of retail.

"They mistook leverage with genius".
Adribaasmet
Dec 17 2018 at 07:45
947 posts
Spending time on Forex forums is not a bad practice! But, we should be careful about the spammers.

FuYating
Dec 18 2018 at 07:07
11 posts
There are a lot of people trying to claim that they have great results and lure people into their 'fund' etc. if anyone asks for a direct message or email then just stay away

DonaldB (DonaldB)
Dec 21 2018 at 11:33
38 posts
nasrul_poyo posted:
Once TP, sure you are happy. When current trade in blue color, still can smile but if it turns red, most of us trying to look at chart and think why its not perfect entry and looking new improvement 😂


When the position go red, the only chance to keep calm is stand a SL and stand away from PC and charts.

AniLorak
Dec 23 2018 at 14:55
920 posts
FuYating posted:
There are a lot of people trying to claim that they have great results and lure people into their 'fund' etc. if anyone asks for a direct message or email then just stay away


That’s the best practice; even I got so many massages from different forum members! Even they are claiming about 100% profit ratio; lol.

Arcferreira (Arcferreira)
Dec 24 2018 at 07:18
50 posts
Let's make 2 questions:
Question one
A) you have 100% of chance to lose 30 USD
B) you have 80% of chance to lose 40 USD, and 10% of chance to lose nothing

92% of answers say option B.

Question two

A) 100 percent chance of receiving $30 USD
B) 90 percent chance of receiving $40 USD, and a 10 percent
chance of receiving nothing.
80% of answers say option A.

These question were part of a study carried by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky, about market behavior, in 1979.

Successful traders answers: A and B.
Why? Because they play with probabilities. In the long term, for example:
Question one
A) loose 30 USD.
B) loose 90% x 40 USD = 36 USD.

Question two
A) Win 30 USD.
B) Win 90% x 40 USD = 36 USD.

These answers show how real traders think! They accept their losses earlier, respecting their stop losses, and maximize their profit, keeping their TP.



Trade safely... Remember, a high Drawdown means a high risk!
DonaldB (DonaldB)
Dec 24 2018 at 09:58
38 posts
Arcferreira posted:
Let's make 2 questions:
Question one
A) you have 100% of chance to lose 30 USD
B) you have 80% of chance to lose 40 USD, and 10% of chance to lose nothing

92% of answers say option B.

Question two

A) 100 percent chance of receiving $30 USD
B) 90 percent chance of receiving $40 USD, and a 10 percent
chance of receiving nothing.
80% of answers say option A.

These question were part of a study carried by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky, about market behavior, in 1979.

Successful traders answers: A and B.
Why? Because they play with probabilities. In the long term, for example:
Question one
A) loose 30 USD.
B) loose 90% x 40 USD = 36 USD.

Question two
A) Win 30 USD.
B) Win 90% x 40 USD = 36 USD.

These answers show how real traders think! They accept their losses earlier, respecting their stop losses, and maximize their profit, keeping their TP.




Brilliant. One of the best answer I read here. The psychology of traders who is able to earn is completely different from common traders. That is why 95% of traders cannot to trade profitable.

Please login to comment .